Its your Choice!
For this assignment, you’ll create an Introduction blog post, and next week you will start meeting people by commenting on their Introductions.
- Length. Write a post that is between 300 and 500 words long.
- Image. Include at least one image, and for each image include image information (caption, link).
- Proofread. As always, be sure to spellcheck and proofread your post by reading it out loud.
- Title. Please include the word “Introduction” in the post title plus something more: “Introduction to a Future Game Developer” … “Introduction to a Future Celtic Footballer” etc.
Feel free to write about whatever you want in your Introduction: anything at all you want to share! If you’re not sure how to get started, here are some prompts to inspire you:
- what are your goals for this module? What do you want to achieve?
- did you do something exciting / go somewhere exciting over break?
- favourite books, movies, TV shows — the best movie you saw recently? best book you read?
- favourite music — you might even embed a music video if you want!
- career goals: short-term, long-term, practical goals, big dream goals
- pets… and pictures of pets!
- you could say something about your favourite game(s), and link to that post
- favourite foods … least favourite foods … favourite thing to cook from scratch
- hobbies… plus hobbies you would like to try if you had time
- if you had an extra day for fun, how would you spend it?
And on and on… you get the idea! There is lots to say, and you might want to revisit your Introduction later in the semester to add some more after you see the things you really like reading about in other people’s Introductions.
When the post is ready to go, hit PUBLISH and then make sure to take a look at your blog to check that it all looks right. If there are any problems, click on the pencil icon at the bottom of the post to edit it some more.