End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
Goal: Demonstrate an understanding of the causes of poverty as evidenced by multiple viewpoints.
Given Tasks (5pts)
(problems, where the solver is given both the goal and strategies)
- Create an infographic following food from farm to fork – growing, harvesting and preparing food
- Create and present a plan that would connect leftover food with people in need
Goal Tasks (7.5pts)
(problems, where the solver is given the goal and nothing else- the solvers must decide and develop their own strategies)
- Perform role-plays with small-scale producers versus big enterprises in a global market that is influenced by taxes, subsidies, tariffs, quotas, etc.
Own Tasks (15pts)
(where solvers decide both the goal and the strategies)
- End poverty in all its forms everywhere
- socio-economic causes of poverty
- You have been brought aboard by your municipal council, because of your expertise to address the problem of homelessness in your city. What are you going to do?
- Search for some existing solutions to poverty that are being implemented in another similar size city anywhere in the world.